(click to visit BRS Hobbies)
BRS Hobbies is excited to announce that we will be sponsoring a model rocket
design contest. The contest will be from September through January of 2005.
When the contest is over we will makes kits of the top 5 designs and sell them at
BRS Hobbies. We have an Alps printer so waterslide decals can be included in these kits. Please note that anyone can
buy the parts from the parts list and recreate any of the submitted rocket designs.
- 1st place $75.00 BRS Hobbies Gift Certificate
- 2nd place $50.00 BRS Hobbies Gift Certificate
- 3rd place $30.00 BRS Hobbies Gift Certificate
- 4th place $15.00 BRS Hobbies Gift Certificate
- 5th place $ 5.00 BRS Hobbies Gift Certificate
- Legal Parts:Although parts can be
purchased from any vendor, the design must consist of off the shelf parts that are carried at BRS Hobbies or that we
- Nose cone - plastic or balsa from Custom, Estes, or Semroc that are available
separately. You can turn your own balsa nose cone as long as I carry something similar in length, diameter, and shape.
- Body tube - Estes sizes BT5 thru BT80 (except BT70) and all Semroc sizes. Tubes
can be cut to any length, but be sure to specify the body tube length(s) in the parts list of your entry .
- Engine mounts - 13mm, 18mm, and 24mm single or cluster engine.
- Fin stock - balsa or basswood.
- The design is to be submitted similar to the
scratch submission format that is used on the EMRR site. Each design must
include a complete parts list, basic assembly directions (enough information for someone else to build the rocket),
finishing directions, and flight information.
- Pictures and/or drawings should be GIF, JPEG, of BMP - or - if you don't have an
electronic photo, e-mail us for a mailing address and we will scan the pictures for you.
- A RockSim file and/or a decal file compatible with Corel Draw are
- Contestants may only enter one (1) entry.
- All entries must be submitted by 1/31/2005 in order to be
Winners will be determined by online voting and will be notified via
*If you are not sure whether a specific
part is legal for this contest, feel free to email us and ask. We welcome any questions you may have about the contest.
Contestants can e-mail (email@example.com) with questions.
UPDATE: 11/14 - CONTEST KICK-START
First (5) Qualified Entries will get their choice of a Custom Sam-X or a Custom
Ion Pulsar rocket free.
Winners of one of these kits were: Charles Delaney, Larry Brand, Eric Maglio,
Brock Freeman, Robert Davis
Need: Qualified Flight(s)
Essence's Model Rocketry Reviews (EMRR) is only the host site
and is otherwise not affiliated with BRS. EMRR assumes no responsibility for the rocket designs submitted or the prizes
associated with this contest. EMRR is not liable for any damages or injury caused by the assembly or use of any model
rocket product or design.